The Peterson Family

The Peterson Family

Monday, April 4, 2011

Its the hubby's birthday...

and I'm so excited, we are going to Texas Road House for dinner tonight with his family and mine and then coming back to our house for German Chocolate cake, I cheated on the cake, in all honesty I don't really have any problems using a box, but I usually play with it, but that didn't happen this time, but I did make the frosting from scratch and it's yummy! Let me tell you toasting the pecans makes all the difference in the world when cooking/baking, they add so much richness, and it's so easy. I just put them in our toaster oven and used the lowest toast function like twice and they came out perfect. I used the recipe from Martha Stewart, except I added a little extra vanilla, and it took me way longer than 10 minutes for the frosting/sauce to thicken. Other than that we are working on getting ready to go to Arizona for my brothers baby blessings, 2 brothers, 1 baby a piece. We are so excited, but also a little scared, we are taking the twins on an airplane and this is their farthest trip yet, any advice? I don't really want to drug 'em if we can avoid, I kind of plan on just sticking to their schedule and hope they comply. Wish us luck, oh and on a side note, Conference was awesome this last weekend, it was so good to hear all the talks on family and struggles and overcoming them. Just what I needed! Ok, now I think I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment