The Peterson Family

The Peterson Family

Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate covered eggs & Easter

These were yesterday's project. These days its all about making things as easy as possible, that said, it still took me like all day to make these, granted I made quite a few more than this, but I forgot to take a picture and some had already been given away. The dark chocolate ones are filled with Caramel and chopped pecans, so kinda like a turtle, which is probably my favorite type of chocolate. The milk ones are peanut butter, well, the base is peanut butter with a few other things mixed in and the white ones which I obviously played with the most were filled with dark chocolate truffle filling with a little bit of almond extract. I did those first and then I just decided it was taking way too long, so the others aren't nearly as cute, but hey they are eggs, just in time for Easter. Speaking of Easter, I'm excited because it will be my boys first Easter, not that they will really understand it, but that's besides the point. I am however decently nervous, I have to teach Young Women's for the first time, thankfully it's only for about 10 minutes or so, but that last age group I taught were the Sunbeams, they were great just fyi. So we'll see how that goes. Really I just have to cover the last week of the Savior's life and his Resurrection. My wonderful hubby typed up a timeline with all the scriptural references so that's been a great help, not that I'm clueless as to the order of things, but I'm not the teacher that he is, and I tend to get things a little jumbled when they are actually coming out of my mouth, so here is praying my lesson actually comes across decently on Sunday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment