The Peterson Family

The Peterson Family

Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco De Mayo...

I've actually tried to get to this the past several days and it hasn't happened. Anyways here's what's up. The Easter lesson went really well, I honestly think it could have gone on a lot longer. Also I finally got my little guys pictures taken, its been almost 8 months, I know I'm a horrible mom, but it's just so hard to want to pay for pictures when your kids don't really do anything new and now they are finally sitting up, therefore totally worth it, plus aren't they just they just so cute? Can you tell who's who? Next thing, I've felt like this totally lazy mommy for the longest time, I mean I went to culinary school and I was never actually even making dinner. The hubby would come home and I swear 9 times out of 10 we ate ramen...how sincerely pathetic is that? So in an effort to be a better wife, mother, chef etc. the hubby and I sat down and made a plan of what we were going to have for dinner for the next 2 weeks and I finally feel like I'm doing something, which leads me to the title of this post. So yesterday, day 4 of my dinner goal, was cinco de mayo, and I really got into it. I made black refried beans, which by the way I like way better than the standard. I also made homemade tortillas for fajitasfor the first time ever, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Tyson made the drinks, and he did a great job!
So the food run down, for the beans I used canned beans- remember I'm all about making it easier which is a total necessity when you still have to take care of 2 babies when you are doing anything- I cooked up some onions, garlic and bacon, added the beans and heated that up, added water and chicken boullion, and used the immersion blender and just cooked it down, seasoned with some salt and they were yummy and my tiny little guys agreed, which is totally the best part.
I got the recipe for the tortillas off of the Ourbestbite.com blog, I love that blog! and my hubby loved the tortillas, said they were just like the ones from his mission in El Salvador, so I guess that means they were pretty good right? The filling for the fajita was just sliced peppers, onions, and rump roast cut into strips with a little fajita seasoning. Sadly I forgot to take pictures of all of this, so sorry, but you'll have to take my word for it, they were yummy. I think we are gonna end there on the food front, but if you have questions feel free to ask. However, I will leave you with this tomorrow is braised beef ribs with a sweet shallot sauce, smoked gouda mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and fried onions (and no those are not onion rings). I'll try and remember a camera for that one, its def one of my favorite things to make.- Last point of note, this totally won't let me post it the way I want it to, so sorry that it's so freaking spaced out, maybe one day I'll get the hang of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment