The Peterson Family

The Peterson Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The dog

We have a shih tzu, her name is Bella, and before you all think, oh my gosh another Twilight obsessed fan, let me explain. Ever since I was about 18, I'm almost 26 now, I had Isabella as a name I wanted to give my daughter, and then came Twilight, I decided I couldn't do that to my kid, so we we did it to the dog instead. Anyways, we tend not to cut her hair during the winter months, she's a house dog, but she definitely spends a decent amount of time outside and I don't want her to freeze. Also, being a shih tzu she has hair instead of fur, so it just keeps growing and growing, my project yesterday was to finally shave the poor overly fuzzy dog. Now I forgot to take a before picture, however we did pile up the hair so you can see her standing next to it. The hair was easily as big as her if not bigger! All the sudden I was wondering if we needed to start feeding her more. She's plenty active though and seems to be a whole lot happier. She also now kind of looks like a heavily spotted mini dalmation...

No comments:

Post a Comment