The Peterson Family

The Peterson Family

Monday, September 5, 2011

Jameson

He's the older of my twins, by a whopping minute. He was also a pound smaller than his brother at birth and up until recently he'd actually caught up and was bigger. That being said in the last little while his brother has gotten way bigger than him (well "way" might be a little dramatic, but it seems that way to me.) Jameson is a total mama's boy, sometimes enough to drive me a little crazy, but he's also smart. He's always beating his brother in gross motor skills (Jackson's smart too, just more with fine motor skills). He was the first to crawl, then crawling up the stairs and tonight he was going down them.

My little guys have been afraid of going down the stairs, but tonight Jameson was feeling adventurous, to his own detriment a little bit, and he kind of rolled down the stairs, don't worry, they are soft and there are only 4 of them, and really he only rolled down 2. Anyways, I've been trying to teach him how to go down the stairs, feet first, for a while now, but tonight, he got it. I rolled him around so his feet were on the first stair and kind of pulled him down on his tummy. I only did it once to help him get down, and then I turned to play with his brother and the next thing I knew Jameson was halfway up the stairs, only going halfway to start and then he's go down the 2 or 3 he'd crawled up and he repeated this till he made it all the way too the top. I could just see him thinking, it was such an amazing thing to watch him go slowly and placing his feet just right so he wouldn't fall (he really doesn't like to fall) he finally got to the top and he layed on his tummy to go down, but was facing the wrong direction and was pushing himself across the floor, he just couldn't figure out the part about turning around, so I'd help him and he'd go down, he tried to go down a few different ways, just thinking so methodically. I was amazed. It seems like such a simple thing, but for my babies who were preemies, this was such an accomplishment! It seems so silly, but it is was such a proud moment for me. I love my little Jameson and his big personality and determination when he's trying to figure things out. It's so silly that these little things just make my day, and it seems so small, but it is everything to me. I love you Jameson!

No comments:

Post a Comment